Just finished 2.5 days with the folks from APC (fundraising consultant association). Wonderful group of people - smart, thoughtful, vastly experienced, fun, well spoken . . . I was asked to facilitate the final "So How do We Put All of this Great Information Into Practice in our own Companies?" session (I'll post my ppt here when I get out of my iPad and back to the computer). A bit daunting at first, given both the caliber of speakers -David La Piana, and Paul Connolly, TCC Group, but a welcome challenge none the less.
I had a blast! Great content and exchanges with the other presenters and participants . . . One of the key reasons I accepted the job was the presenter line up and the folks involved. I generally only do engagements that have at least a double, if not triple bottom line: $ + Aha! + life fit and this was a great example. So thanks APC folks!
A few personal take aways, things I might follow up on, or perhaps topics for future blog posts:
* Nice small group for meaningful conversation
* Example of an association using a back office management company
* The Art of the Focused Conversation - this will definitely show up in another blog post! As well as get integrated into the rest of my work.
* Appreciated - intension and implementation to blend theory, ideas, practical realities/challenges, conversation, and tangible next step applications - they walked out with resources, tools, vendor referrals, book recommendations, peer advice, and their own Next Step Game Plan.
* Repurposing/Repackaging my slides and process for other forums/workshops